So how can YOU plan a successful event? Follow these simple steps, and you'll be well on your way!
- Do something you know well! Design an event around your own interests and community connections.
- Contact AA&MDSIF. We're here to help you every step of the way!
- Ask family and friends to help you with this project. This will be your organizing committee to assist you with the various aspects of your event.
- Set a location, date and time. Consider the size of your event and what venue works best, given the time of the year. Be sure it doesn't conflict with other community events.
- Determine your fundraising goal. Think big! With good event planning and marketing, you'll find that grassroots fundraising really does work.
- Set a budget. Use our budget form to help you get started as you determine what your expenses will be and how you'll generate income and donations to cover those expenses.
- Organize your event details. Prepare the specifics of your event -- timeline, program, activities, giveaways, etc.
- Spread the word of your event. Use all your networks of family, friends, neighbors and co-workers – and ask them to use their networks. Publicize throughout your community through newspapers, online calendars, and even direct contact to the local businesses.
- Gather and organize items needed at your event. It's time for your event – spend time making sure you have everything you need.
- Check the final details. With your committee, make sure everything for your event is covered.
- Event day checklist. Write a checklist so you make sure you have what you need for your big day.
- End of event recap. How successful was your event? What worked well? What could you have done differently?
Published on 07/10/2011 - 10:43pm.
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!