What's the key to planning a successful fundraising and awareness event? Do what YOU know!
If you've had a chance to look at the type of events our volunteers have organized for AA&MDSIF, you'll see a wide range!
Past fundraising and awareness events have included the usual events, like walks and golf tournaments, but you'll also see unique events, such as a 100 mile bike ride, a chicken barbeque and auction, a caring car cruise, and even a Red Hat luncheon.
Why were these events so successful?
They were successful because the event organizers planned an event on something that they knew well! Here are some ideas to help you get started:
3 Successful Examples
What do a stretch class, a kayak scavenger hunt, and a computer class camp have in common? All of these are fundraising and awareness events planned by volunteers who followed our advice to “do what you know”!
Big Event ideas
- Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk
- Sports tournaments (golf, tennis, basketball, bowling)
- Benefit party (BBQ, auctions,…)
- Run/Walk/Hike/Bike (short or long distance)
- Craft/antique fair
- Talent show
- Car/motorcycle show
- Wine/food tasting event
- Silent/live/online auction
- Movie premiere
- Benefit concert
- Vendor fair
Smaller Event Ideas
- House Party (dinner/brunch/lunch/dessert party for 10-20 people)
- Bravery bracelet donations
- Movie night/movie marathon
- Super Bowl/March Madness/World Series parties
- Car wash
- Rent-a-handy neighbor chore day
- Pet parade
- Bake Sale
- Garage/yard/estate sale
- Company dress down day/brown-bag lunch talk & walk
- Fundraising night out at a local restaurant
- Blood/bone marrow drive
- Home fundraising party (Pampered Chef, Silpada, ...)
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!