The first step to becoming a Support Connection volunteer is to complete an Initial Interest Survey. Within a few days you will receive a call from one of our staff to discuss the Support Connection with you in more detail. If you have questions about the Support Connection, please contact our patient educator at (800) 747-2820, option 1.
Are you looking to speak with a Support Connection volunteer? Call (800) 747-2820, option 1.
What is the Support Connection Program?
The Support Connection Program consists of a national network of volunteers, including patients, caregivers and family members, willing to listen and offer comfort and support to patients, their family members and caregivers. Volunteers may also choose to share personal experiences, feelings, coping techniques, problem solving skills, and informational resources that they feel may be helpful. Volunteers are of all ages and from all walks of life. Peer support sessions take place over the phone.
To become a Support Connection Volunteer and begin receiving referrals you must:
- Complete and submit an Initial Interest Survey.
- Speak with a patient educator about your interest.
- Create an account on the Support Connection Volunteer Center.
- Read the Training Manual for Support Connection Volunteers.
- Create a Support Connection volunteer Profile.
- Participate in a Support Connection volunteer training call.
- Read, sign and return a copy of the "Volunteer Agreement of Understanding and Statement of Confidentiality" to AA&MDSIF.
What is the Support Connection Volunteer Center?
The Support Connection Volunteer Center is the central online portal for all volunteer information. Through this portal you can:
- Create and update your volunteer profile.
- Edit your Volunteer Center account information.
- Read various articles aimed at helping you become a better volunteer.
- Find out about training opportunities.
If you have further questions about the Support Connection Volunteer Center or becoming a volunteer, please contact our patient educator at (800) 747-2820, option 1.
Support & Community
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!