MDS, Aplastic Anemia and PNH in 2012: What we Know About Who Gets Them and Why?
In recent years, better data has been collected on how many people have various bone marrow failure diseases and on what populations may be at risk for developing these diseases. This session reviews the most current research and thinking on this topic. Specific questions that are answered during this session include the following:
- How many new cases of MDS, aplastic anemia and PNH are diagnosed in the U.S. each year?
- What do we know about the relationship between someone’s ethnicity, sex, age and geographical location and their likelihood of getting various bone marrow failure diseases?
- What is the prevalence of specific MDS subtypes?
- What are some of the known or suspected causes of aplastic anemia, MDS and PNH? What research is being conducted to uncover other causes?
- Do certain genetic or environmental factors make some individuals more susceptible to bone marrow disease than others?
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!