The Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation (AA&MDSIF) is the world's leading nonprofit health organization dedicated to supporting patients and families living with aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), and related bone marrow failure diseases. AA&MDSIF provides answers, support and hope to thousands of patients and their families around the world.
We are a patient-focused, patient-centered organization, serving patients and families throughout the three phases of bone marrow failure diseases:
- the life changing phase of diagnosis
- the life threatening phase of treatment
- the life long phase of living with a chronic disease
How Can AA&MDSIF Help You?
- Personalized Support from Patient Educators
Email help@AAMDS.org or call (800) 747-2820.
- Free Educational Materials
Read the latest medical and treatment information. Get guidance for living well with a bone marrow failure disease.
- Online Learning Center
View and participate in webinars, webcasts, interviews with experts and interactive learning modules.
- Support Connection
Talk to our trained patient and family member volunteers who can share their treatment experiences and provide emotional support and understanding.
- Patient and Family Conferences
Attend our conferences. Hear from leading experts and learn from other patients.
- Print and Electronic Newsletters
Sign up for our Insider and MDS Connection electronic and print publications. Stay current with research, medical advances and inspirational patient stories.
- Clinical Trials Information
Looking for a clinical trial? Let us help you.
- Standing Up for Your Health
Learn how to become a strong advocate for your best health care and become a more powerful patient.
- Communities of Hope
Join volunteer-led local groups. Working together with AA&MDSIF staff, these groups connect patients and families with each other to provide peer support and information exchange and to raise awareness and support for AA&MDSIF programs.
What Else Does AA&MDSIF Do?
- Funds medical research to find better treatments and cures for aplastic anemia, MDS and PNH.
- Advocates for increased federal funding of bone marrow failure disease research.
- Promotes public awareness of bone marrow failure diseases.
- Educates medical professionals on the most up-to-date information about these diseases, their diagnosis and treatment.
Founded in 1983, AA&MDSIF is celebrating more than 25 years of service as a recognized and respected leader in patient education, advocacy and research. It is supported through individual contributions from grateful patients, families and friends, as well as foundations and corporations.
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!